5 Content Localization Stats You Need to Know
The blogosphere has been banging it into our heads for years. Content is King. But what about Content Localization?
Globally, Youtube receives over 1 billion visitors a day. Snapchat and Facebook account for 14 Billion video views a day. And it’s predicted that by 2019, 80% of all global internet traffic will be video. With such huge volumes of content being put in front of massive global audiences its naive to think that your locally focused video will appeal to a global audience. Here are 5 stats to help you understand the importance of content localization.
1. Content that is locally targeted has six times more engagement than posts that were designed for the global market.
2. A whopping 49% of Marketers surveyed said that Geo-targeting gives the highest return on investment when it comes to advertising.
3. Lack of Content localization can cost customers. An app that fails to localize may lose as many as 8% to 13% of its customers.
4. In China, 92% of the most popular and top grossing iPhone apps are written in Chinese and have Chinese names.
5. 86% of the localized advertising campaigns outperformed the English campaigns in both click-throughs and conversions.
In 2016 Content Localization can no longer be an afterthought. Global consumers are demanding localized thinking, localized marketing and localized content. The good news is this no longer needs to be expensive!
There are many options available to brands looking to localize video on a budget. Here are 7 of the things that you need to consider.